We are looking for curators and artists to take part in EC1 24H – an exhibition project happening in Copenhagen, spring 2018. EC1 24H is based on the idea of temporary art. It is structured as a series of 21 different exhibitions that are executed along 21 days.
This means that every day, within 24 hours, an exhibition is created, shown and dismantled. Each exhibition is the result of a collaboration between the artist(s) and the curator(s) of each specific day. All the participants should take time and the temporary into consideration, both organizationally as well as conceptually. Having the temporary aspect as the only guideline, EC1 24H allows for exploration and openness of working methods, media, techniques and processes. It also questions the common, current standards of the gallery space and the way of meeting art.
Who are we?
FSK is a young association that works with creating art projects, facilitating networks and developing artistic collaborations in Denmark and internationally. FSK especially seeks to create opportunities for young and less established artists and creatives to build experiences in the art world.
What to apply with:
- Full name.
- Phone number and email address.
- A short description of the project (which can still be in progress).
What the application could contain:
- Portfolio, CV or artist statement.
- Pictures, videos, sketches or any other visual material.
Who can apply?
- Projects which can be set up, happen and dismantled within the timeframe of 24 hours.
- Projects that considers time or temporary art in their core concepts.
- You can apply both as curator and as an artist.
Deadline: December 1st 2017
Applications must be sent to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with EC1 24H CPH as subject of the email.
You will hear back from us latest the December 15th.
In case of further questions please contact Julie Jane, project manager of EC1 24H Copenhagen: Phone: (+45) 30 27 29 07 or email: email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!